Bike Maintenance – Trailside Repair
Save your ride with these trailside fixes
Nobody ever plans for things to fail but when they do, and eventually they do, know what to do when you’re miles away from the trailhead.
This session aims to equip riders with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to effectively address a variety of common mechanical issues that can occur while out on the trails. From flat repairs to snapped chains, this course covers it all, ensuring you never find yourself taking a long sad walk down the mountain.
COST: $100 per participant
Who is it for?
This course is tailored for mountain bikers and home mechanics with a basic understanding of bike terminology. If you’ve experienced a mechanical issue in the field and haven’t had the tools or know-how in order to fix it, this course is perfect for you!
What to bring?
Although not required, we encourage participants to bring their own mountain bike if it is in good working order. We also encourage them to bring their own tools that they would usually have for practical exercises. We will have spare tools on hand as well.
- Multi-tool, Chain Tool, Mini Quick Link Pliers, Tubeless Repair Kit (Bacon Strips, Fork, Razor), C02 and Nozzle and/or mini pump, Tire Levers, Shock Pump.
- We will have tools on hand to allow participants to practise in the event they do not have these already. We will also have some tools for sale to help complete their trailside repair kits.
- Recognize, diagnose, and address common trailside issues, including flat tires (tubed and tubeless), snapped chains, bent derailleur hangers/cages, broken spokes, loose headsets/post-crash handlebar misalignments, and more.
- Effectively use basic on-person tools and techniques for in-field repairs.
- Identify potential problems before they escalate into major issues.
- Understand the importance of preventive maintenance to minimize issues on the trail.
HOW TO REGISTER
- In the Calendar below select your date for a single session (dates are indicated in yellow or green).
- Add the number of participants. NOTE: Participants should be at least 10yo.
- Then below the calendar review the block of times and press Select.
- You’ll then be asked for the participant’s information, and payment details.